An individualised floor – choose from a wide variety of timber species and board widths, which can be left natural or stained before your personal choice of coating, either waterborne polyurethane or hardwax oil, is applied on site.
Swinard Wooden Floors is a specialised, Canterbury owned, flooring company. We work with you to create the perfect timber floor for your project – from the initial planning meeting right through to the finishing details on site. Call us on 03 329 9669 to arrange a consultation at our showroom or place of your choice.
With customer satisfaction as our focus, our company assures the highest level of workmanship and on-going service. We take great pride in the quality of our materials, while fitting within your budget. A Swinard wooden floor is crafted to last for generations.
Solid Wooden Floors
Engineered Wooden Floors
With a 4mm thick hardwood layer of your timber choice, these 100% wood boards are constructed with multi-layers of ply beneath and coated with polyurethane or oil in the factory. They click together and come in a wide range of timber species, colours, and coatings.
Sanding, Coating and Finishing
We offer a full range of sanding, staining, coating and finishing options for both new and existing timber floors. Restoring and re-coating an old floor can bring it back to life.
Why Choose Us?
- You can discuss your ideas with our timber flooring experts, who will go through the options available with you and then draw up an all-inclusive obligation free quote.
- Our experienced team specialise in timber floors - we know the strengths and weaknesses of the different timbers and how this natural material works best.
- Our friendly staff are qualified, skilled craftsmen, who have been with us for many years.
- We use top of the range products from reliable suppliers, seeking the best quality at the best price at the time of quoting.
- We ensure that your timber has been machined to the high level required for a wooden floor and that the coating is of lasting quality.
- The end result is a beautiful bespoke wooden floor.
The installation of sustainably sourced hardwood flooring was an important belief held by our founder, Geoff Swinard, and we have continued with this principle.
We aim to obtain all our timber from ecologically managed forests and our preferred suppliers have sustainability certification. For timbers to be sustainable a tree must be planted for every one that is harvested and the forest must maintain its ecological integrity.